The link to Delicious had to be bypassed because its not currently functioning. I just Googled 'Del.icio.us uTube' and found the 8 minute video. This is a very instructional presentation, even if there is a pixel problem so that its not very well focused. I think this will be a great tool, primarily for helping me organize my bookmarks, but also because I can share bookmarks with colleagues or students. It will have far greater utility than just adding a site to my favorites bar on the web browser. Just of interest, I also like that the Delicious home page shows what sites have been bookmarked recently and how many people are marking popular sites.
The Digg tutorial didn't work but I did take a quick look at the home page....looks similar to Delicious.
The StumbleUpon site would be wonderful for moms with young children or teachers of K-6, but its probably not the best social bookmarking site for the high school science curriculum.
I visited the 'apsu23things' site on Delicious. There are only 6 tags. I wanted to add a couple but couldn't log in. One of the bookmarks (Edutopia) had been marked a lot so I clicked on it to see what it was all about. It was an older blog which listed educational blogs that are frequently visited. I saw one titled 'dangerously irrelevant' which sounded familiar so I clicked it. This is a current blog site and the most recent one was dealing with the problem of creating learning environments that prepare kids for a digital, global world. I thought the ideas were stimulating in that, by identifying problems with current educational trends, we may also be 'shaming and blaming' administrators. Looks like this might be a good blog to follow.
1 comment:
Hey, you found my blog. Thanks for being a new reader. Much appreciated!
Post a Comment