I like the idea of having a word processing program that is not resident on my computer hard drive (and is free!). However, I am so accustomed to Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel that I doubt I’ll use the Google docs or Zoho Writer that often. Also, it appears that Word has much more functionality and especially the ‘merge’ capability that we just recently discovered.
Google docs could have great utility for a high school science class because it is free, upgraded periodically, and everyone can have easy access to it. It also contains word processing, spreadsheet, form, and presentation programs. Google docs can also be easily shared with members of a group which would make collaboration a natural process. When I set up a document, I can choose whether others have editing privileges, or can just view the document. I can establish a list of collaborators with whom I share documents.
Google docs has one utility that I will try to use frequently, and that is using this program to write my blogs. This blog was written with Google docs and then moved into my blogosphere, but I had to copy and paste as Html.
No comments:
Post a Comment