Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thing #4 - Why commenting is important

I just read the resource article "How to Comment Like a King (or Queen)". From this article, I've become convinced that blogging, in a professional sense, will have its greatest benefit in networking with other teaching professionals. Kind'a like having a sounding board to share ideas and get feedback that will be beneficial in one's career and have a positive impact on the students involved. Additionally, the best way to develop this network is by commenting on other's blogs, especially when you find helpful information or ideas.

I tend to be a little timid with conversation so this article was good in that it forewarned me of the learching 'Darth Commenter'. I suppose there will always be detractors, especially if they can remain anonymous.

I will be editing this this post during the next 3 weeks with information about the 7 blogs I've chosen to follow.

1 comment:

jperdue2 said...

Hey Rick,

Concur with your opinion on professional blogging for education. I also see it as an excellent way to bounce around ideas among professionals. Could be a much more efficient way to pass along "best practices".